- Complimentary interview
- 24/7 Email and phone support
- a minimum of 2 Scheduled prenatal visits / monthly 1 hour-long sessions if you hire me early
- Metamorphosis sessions (spread out over the prenatal and postpartum visits)
- Assistance with birth plan and gathering of information
- Birth Art session with everything supplied
- Use of lending library
- Back up doula will join us at the end of one of our prenatal meetings
Email and phone support.
I am available to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by phone and email from the date of hire. Please call at any time, night or day, whether you have questions or if you simply want to update me on your progress
These are scheduled for us to get to know each other better, to explore and discuss your priorities and any fears or concerns. To discuss your birth plan and plan how we might work best together. You are under no obligation to hire me after our first visit.
We will go over your updated birth plan and I will bring needed resources such as: packing list, labor signs information and any other information you request. Practicing for labor and how to ease tension and comfort measures is important to work on before labor starts and we work on this together.
I include a session of Birth Art, a way to self explore, prepare and process birth and parenthood. I was certified under Virginia Bobro with Birthing From Within and find this an incredibly valuable tool working with fathers and mothers.
I also offer relaxation and Metamorphosis to help with tension relief. The benefits for pregnant mamas are amazing. Please visit www.metamorphosiscenter.com for more information.
- Labor support: Visualization, breathing, positioning, counter pressure, massage, relaxation scripts, birth ball, and help in creating your perfect birthing room.
- Help record the birth; photographs/video at your request
When you are in labor.
I prefer that you call me when you think you are in labor, even if you do not yet need me. We will decide if I should come right then or wait for further change. I usually need approximately one hour to get to you from the time you ask me to come. We will then decide where you would like me to meet you; home, hospital or birth center. Except for extraordinary circumstances, I will remain with you throughout labor and birth. If you desire photos of the birth I am happy to take them for you.
- 1-2 postpartum visits
- Breastfeeding assistance
After birth, postpartum visit. 1-2
I will remain with you for one to two hours after birth, until your family is comfortable and ready for quiet time together. I can also help with initial breastfeeding, if necessary.
I am available to answer questions about the birth or your baby and would like to get together with you within a few weeks to see how you and your baby are doing, to review the birth and to get feedback from you about my role.
I am also available at these visits to teach and facilitate Metamorphosis for you and your baby. A message technique and skill your baby and family could benefit from during this time of transition.
As a doula, I do NOT:
- Perform clinical tasks such as blood pressure, fetal heart checks, vaginal exams and others. I will under no circumstances take the role of your nurse or doctor and catch the baby should you go into labor at home. In this case, I would support you and verbally encourage your partner to deliver the baby.
- Make decisions for you. I will help you get the information necessary to make an informed decision. I will also remind you if there is a departure from your birth plan.
- Speak to the staff on your behalf. I will discuss your concerns with you and suggest options. You or your partner will speak directly to the clinical staff.
“I knew she was there and she just melted into the action, whispering in my ear, reminding me at every turn how strong I was and simply that I could do it.”
A new mother speaking of her doula. The Doula Book